Dorsch Memorial Branch Library Timeline
1910's - Dr. Eduard Dorsch, book lover and scholar, wanted his home to be the community's public library. When his widow died, she donated the home to the City of Monroe to be used as a library.
1920's - An addition was made to the south of the Dorsch Memorial Library. The 50 x 40 foot, 2 story addition almost doubled the size of the library.
1930's - The new children's department of the Dorsch Memorial Library formally opened.
1960's - The Dorsch Memorial Branch Library became part of the Monroe County Library System.
1980's - The Dorsch Memorial Branch Library was remodeled to meet the Americans with Disabilities Act.
2000's - Little Brown Bear statue honoring the books written by Elizabeth Upham McWebb was didicated in front of the Dorsch Memorial Branch Library.